North West Disability Services is now hiring!
Are you looking for part time, weekend, evening, or full time hours in an amazing new are of work? How about disability services! NWDS provides fun and interesting recreation and skills based activities for people with disabilities of all ages. Come and learn about work that is not only enjoyable but also gives an amazing sense of achievement. Why not come and train with us? Join us for our next recruitment information session.
North West Disability Services is a non-profit community organisation established over 38 years and has an enviable reputation in this sector. Over three hundred staff and volunteers enjoy working with clearly defined standards and expectations. The rewards of working with NWDS are based on the belief of the rights of people with disabilities to live a full and valuable life within the community.
1. If you are an experienced Disability Worker, we look forward to the opportunity to interview you for a range of roles currently available.
2. If you are looking at joining the sector or have limited experience, you may also apply to join our recruitment information sessions to gain more understanding of the role and open yourself up to a position or casual role.
Closing Date: 19th of January 2023
Recruitment Sessions will commence on the 24th of January 2023
The ideal candidates would:
• Promote the dignity, independence, and self-worth of each Participant
• Assist each Participant to understand their rights and responsibilities, to become valued and respected members of the community
• Provide assistance where necessary and to teach the skills necessary to reach individual goals and maximum potential
• Work in a positive manner as part of the overall service team of NWDS
• Certificate 3 in Individualised Support, or achievement within 12 months of employment
• LR manual license, or achievement within 2 months of employment
• First Aid Certificate, or achievement within 2 months of employment
• Ability to swim and support service users in and around water-based activities
• Commitment to ongoing training