Grow and develop your career with a winning team!
- Generous salary packaging opportunities
- Join a company with an established reputation
- Contribute to the independence of people with disabilities
North West Disability Services has managed to meet the requirements of the National Disability Insurance Scheme in a way that is the envy of the sector. Moreover, our organization fully implements and advocated for the application of the Disability Inclusion Act 2014 and the Disability Services Standards that complies with local, State, and Commonwealth Government requirements so that you can work with NWDS confident that your contribution is valuable and properly organized.
As the successful applicant, you will be working within a team of motivated and professional staff to ensure that people with disabilities are receiving a high quality of service that meets their individual needs and aspirations. You will bring real life experiences into the operational arena, interacting with a wide range of people, and have or develop experience in the co-ordination of staff and establishing services in an accommodation setting.
What you would bring to the role:
- Two (2) years experience in an Accommodation / Group Home Coordination role, setting up and supporting people with disability & an understanding and commitment to the rights of people with disability.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- High level administrative capacity and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Disability Inclusion Act & Disability Service Standards
- Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunities
- First Aid Certificate and LR Driver License (or obtained within 2 months of service)
- Minimum of Certificate 3 or Certificate 4 in Individual Support plus Tertiary qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to develop, supervise and motivate teams
- Flexibility to meet the requirements of a changing, dynamic environment
- Commitment to a quality customer service philosophy and continuous improvement
- Ability to liaise with outside organizations and function independently in the role
- Functional level of computer skills covering internet, email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database, Publisher, and Outlook
CLOSING DATE: 30 AUGUST 2023
For more information regarding the position please see this document